The Dynamic function allows you to change filter values. This function is particularly useful when you work with several filter values in the same report.
If you for example wish to create reports on different departments in a employee satisfaction survey or reports on different divisions in a customer satisfaction survey, the function is very useful.
When a dynamic filter has been created and added to your report elements, then you can change the filter values by using the Views function.
How to create and add dynamic filters
1. Go to the report tree, under the Analysis tab, and select the report element(s) where you wish to add a dynamic filter.
Note: If you do not select any report element(s), the dynamic filter will be added to the whole report.
2. Go to the Filters menu and click on the Dynamic button. A new window will open.
3. Choose the variable you wish to add as a dynamic filter.
4. Click OK to add the dynamic filter to your report.
How to create a dynamic filter using the Append button
1. Go to the Filters menu, under the Analysis tab, and click on the Append button. A new window will open.
2. Under Variables, choose the variable you wish to add as a dynamic filter and choose the ? (question mark) as the value.
3. Click OK to add the dynamic filter to your report.
Add/change filter values using the View function
After adding a dynamic filter to a report, you can change and add filter values by using the Views function.
1. Click on Views in the top of the report tree, under the Analysis tab. A new window will open.
2. Select a variable (the dynamic variable) in the Choose question/variable ... drop down menu.
3. Select a response option under the Choose value ... response option. This is the value you are adding to the dynamic variable.
4. Click the Add button to add the value in the text box below and press Save to continue.